FeedMore is Central Virginia’s core hunger-relief organization made up of programs like the Central Virginia Food Bank, Meals on Wheels, Kids Cafe, Mobile Pantry and BackPack program. Working together to efficiently and effectively fight hunger in the community, FeedMore’s comprehensive programs focus on three key areas: feeding children, feeding families and feeding seniors.
Hunger is a real and serious issue in Central Virginia – 1 in 7 individuals, or nearly 200,000 neighbors face hunger. And of that, more than 53,000 children, or 1 in 6, in Central Virginia are not receiving the necessary nutrition.
Through FeedMore’s Partner Agency Network and comprehensive programs, thousands of healthy meals are distributed each day to feed hungry neighbors in 34 counties and cities across Central Virginia – nearly one-third of the state – from the Northern Neck to Louisa County and south to the North Carolina border.
• FeedMore’s Kids Cafe is dedicated to providing food-insecure children who receive free or reduced lunch with a nutritious snack and/or hot, healthy evening meal at 65 afterschool programs across our region every day during the school year.
• Created to ensure that children of low income households continue to receive meals when school is not in session, FeedMore’s Summer Food Service Program provides meals at nearly 60 locations, across nine localities during the summer months.
• Committed to providing chronically hungry children with nutritious and easy-to-prepare food at times when other resources are not available, such as weekends and school vacations, FeedMore’s BackPack program helps ensure students come back to school on Monday ready to learn.
• FeedMore’s Mobile Pantry distributes thousands of pounds of food for well-balanced meals in communities with limited access to grocery stores. FeedMore is committed to providing the families who live in underserved areas with a variety of perishable and nonperishable items, improving their access to healthy, nutritious food.
• FeedMore’s Meals on Wheels is focused on improving the quality of life of homebound individuals by providing support through nutritious meal deliveries, daily social interactions and safety checks. FeedMore’s caring volunteers pack and deliver the nutritious, diet-specific meals to 14 localities throughout the greater Richmond community.
• FeedMore’s Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) supports the nutritional needs of low-income individuals by providing wholesome food to supplement their diet, while helping stretch their food dollars.
Three ways you can join the movement to fight hunger and take action:
1. Food – A food drive is a great way to help us keep our shelves stocked.
2. Funds – At FeedMore, 95.8 cents of every dollar donated goes directly back into FeedMore’s programs to help neighbors in need.
3. Time – FeedMore relies on 250 volunteers every single day and is always looking for compassionate friends to help us fight hunger.
Please visit FeedMore.org to learn how you can help neighbors in need today.